Monday, July 23, 2012

Akhtar joins digita, social media



KARACHIPakistan’s former bowler Shoaib Akhtar has embraced the digital and social media. The Rawalpindi Express recently launched his official website and created a twitter account along with a YouTube channel to connect with his diverse fans from all around the world.

“My fans are my source of encouragement and support. I am truly thankful to all my fans across the globe that have constantly stood by me, backed me, and inspired me to play the game that I truly love. It is because of them I launched my official website,” said the 36-year old former Pakistani cricketer.

“Having a global fan following, the best medium to interact and reconnect with one’s fan is through social and digital media as it has the capacity to transcend spatial boundaries,” he added.
Shoaib Akhtar is one of the world’s fastest bowlers and the most controversial figures of the cricketing world. He recently took retirement from international cricket during the World Cup 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment